[Insight-users] dicom series conversion - reversed A-P

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 00:08:59 EDT 2005

Hi,
I've run into a problem with my conversion procedure from dicom to
analyze that uses the GDCM classes. I've also carried out the same
conversion with debabler. The problem is as follows - when I load the
results in InsightSNAP the debabler output shows correct A-P flags,
while my version doesn't. Should I be including the
itkOrientImageFilter somewhere in the conversion pipeline, or should
the AnalyzeIO class already be dealing with this? I suspect that I may
need to add some orientation tags to the dictionary to get this to
happen correctly. Can anyone confirm?