[Insight-users] error with itkDiscreteGaussianImageFilter

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Wed Aug 10 11:04:26 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm triing to use itkDiscreteGaussianImageFilter to smooth each 2D slice of my 3D image.

But I'm still having this exception no matter the maximum width of kernel I set:

"Kernel size has exceeded the specified maximum width of MaximumKernelWidth and has been truncated to MaximumKernelWidth+1 elements. You can raise the maximum width using the SetMaximumKernelWidth method."

Could someone tell me why? Here is what I did:

typedef itk::DiscreteGaussianImageFilter<WorkImageType,WorkImageType>GaussianFilterType;
GaussianFilterType::Pointer gaussFilter = GaussianFilterType::New();

 GaussianFilterType::ArrayType v;
 v[0]=3.0;
 v[1]=3.0;
 v[2]=3.0;
 gaussFilter->SetVariance(v);

gaussFilter->SetMaximumKernelWidth(5);//I ried with default value=32, 5, 20, nothing works

 gaussFilter->SetFilterDimensionality(2);//smooth only each slice but not in time

 gaussFilter->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());

gaussFilter->Update();

rescaleFilter->SetInput(gaussFilter->GetOutput());

rescaleFilter->Update();

Isabelle