[Insight-users] ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetFltkGui

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Aug 10 22:06:57 EDT 2005

Hello Tolga,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 05:09:42PM -0600, Tolga Tasdizen wrote:

> I've been trying to use some of the apps in the Insight Applications
> package on Mac OS X 10.4. I've run into some problems. Here is one: I
> can build the ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetFltkGui app and run it, but
> the windows system does not seem to work correctly. I can press buttons
> like start and stop, but can't enter any parameters or move the
> application windows around. I have fltk 1.1.7 installed. Can the fltk
> version be the problem?
>
> I've talked to Josh about this, but he hasn't tried to run any ITK apps
> on the Mac.  Any Mac users out there who might have a clue about what
> this problem is about?

This is a common problem, fortunately with an easy solution.  GUI
applications on the Mac need to be registered with the window manager.  To
add the required resources to an FLTK app, you need to run Rez on the
binary.  This is described here:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Itk_FAQ#Mac_OS_X

regards,

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne