[Insight-users] help with itkFEMElement Test

Barbara Garita bgarita at ufl.edu
Mon Aug 15 10:54:01 EDT 2005

Hello!

I have several questions about the itkFEMElementTest.

1) I will like to know if the answers to the .fem files are correct.  For
example the result for the truss.fem shows a  K matrix equal 11 x 11 matrix
while the system only has 8 dof and therefore the matrix should be 8 x 8.

2) In any of the itkFEMElementTest examples, the section on LoadBC why does
it seems that the BC are applied to elements instead of nodes.  For example
I cannot understand what to do with " value of the fixed DOF".  Could you
elaborate on the values expected for this section.

3) Will there be a problem using the simplest itk element the
itkFEMElement1DStress in 3D space.  I don't see any examples of 1 or 2
dimensional elements used in 3D space.

Thanks, Barbara