[Insight-users] ITK Vector Field to VTK

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Aug 15 10:56:55 EDT 2005

Reinhard Hameeteman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to export a vector image defined as:
>
>typedef itk::Vector<float, 3>           VectorType;
>typedef itk::Image<VectorType, 3> DeformationFieldType;
>
>to VTK?
>
>I can save the vector field and read it in paraview, but I want the
>visualisation in my own application and using itkImageToVTKImageFilter
>I only get a scalar (x-component?) in the vtk image.

I've exported data from ITK to VTK with image pixel types of Vector<
double, 3 >, using the ImageToVTKImageFilter before and I am quite
certain it works.

Incidentally, there was a bug in the itkVTKImageIO.cxx that caused bogus
to be written out when writing multi-component images, but that would
only affect you if you were writing out VTK images from ITK and reading
them with VTK or vice versa.

Can you print out the vtkImageData that you get after exporting to VTK ?