[Insight-users] BufferedRegion in DataObjects

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Aug 17 07:56:28 EDT 2005

Tobias,

This is by design.  It is a mechanism to determine whether the request is different
from what the filter previously generated.  This mirrors the design of ImageFilters
where the GenerateData() method typically calls

output->SetBufferedRegion( output->GetRequestedRegion() );
output->Allocate();

Basically, this tells the pipeline "what" data was actually generated (verses what
was requested).

Jim