[Insight-users] Qmake vs cmake

Einstein, Daniel R daniel.einstein at pnl.gov
Thu Aug 18 19:33:17 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am working with a code that has been around for a few years but that
is new to me. It was built with Qt. Thus, the idea of incorporating ITK
is an afterthought (though a very good one). At this crossroads, I am
looking for piece of advice. Currently, the make file is generated with
QMAKE. ITK's makefiles are generated with CMAKE. Which is going to be
the least painful way for me to go? Building the whole thing with CMAKE
so that the ITK dependencies will be figured out for me? But what about
my .pro file? Or would it be easier the other way around to account for
all of the ITK dependencies in my .pro file. Does anyone have an opinion
and/or a sample to show me?

Regards,
Dan

Daniel R Einstein, PhD