[Insight-users] GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter and L aplacianSegmentation LevelSetImageFilter

Bitter, Ingmar (NIH/CC/DRD) IBitter at cc.nih.gov
Fri Aug 19 17:28:47 EDT 2005

it seems that the problem is not in the
LaplacianSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter but the
GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter

m_FixedAverageGradientMagnitude is initialized to 0.0 in the parent
constructor (AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter)
m_GradientMagnitudeIsFixed is initialized to false in the same constructor.

However the behavior is as if m_GradientMagnitudeIsFixed was later
overwritten to be true, without changing m_FixedAverageGradientMagnitude.
That way there is no smoothing at all.
This is what we saw in our code. Calling SetFixedAverageGradientMagnitude(1)
brought the GradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter back to performing as it
did in ITK 1.6

Ingmar

LaplacianSegmentationLevelSetImageFilter

Ingmar,

Could you try the following?

In itkLaplacianSegmentationLevelSetFunction.h:

remove the SetAdvectionWeight method

and retry

Bill