[Insight-users] ITK, VTK, FLTK

Andinet Enquobahrie andinet.enqu at kitware.com
Wed Aug 31 07:36:00 EDT 2005

Suresh G N wrote:

> I have recently installed ITK, FLTK. and VTK.
>
> I would like to experiment with these tools. can some one tell me how
> to include all these tools outside the source tree( Writing
> CMakeLists).  I want to use all these things in my application.
>
> Thank you very much

Hello Suresh,

In your CMakeLists file, you need to insert the following cmake commands

1) Find the FLTK package

FIND_PACKAGE(FLTK)

2) If FLTK package is found, you need to include the directory

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${FLTK_INCLUDE_DIR})

3) Similarly for VTK, add the following statements

FIND_PACKAGE(VTK)

If(VTK_FOUND)
   INCLUDE(${VTK_USE_FILE})
ENDIF(VTK_FOUND)

Then you have to link the the relevant directories and libraries to your
application.
There are several applications using Fltk and VTK in
InsightApplications (ThresholdSegmentationLevelSetFltkGui, ImageViewer,
FltkImageViewer etc...).  Talke a look at these applications. They will
be a good starting point.

cheers,
-Andinet