[Insight-users] Re: Problem building 2.4 on .Net 2003

Ashish Poddar ahpoddar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 21:47:40 EST 2005

I installed itk 2.4 today itself, and this is my experience...

first i moved the 2.2 version library files from the directory, and copied
2.4 version files in their place (basically replaced them)...

then i ran cmake with my existing binary folder as output and same path as
input

then it failed to compile with about 31 errors, in 3 projects which failed
to compile..

then i had to delete the complete binaries, and then run cmake again to
generate the binaries from scratch after which it got thru successfully in
the first try...

I dont know if the problem you are facing can be solved by this or not.. but
maybe if u too start from scratch, u will be able to build the binaries..

HTH,
Ashish.

On 12/5/05, John Tourtellott <itk at jatstuff.com> wrote:

> I've been away from my system all day, so let me try to catch up with
> Vincente:
>

> 1. Here's my ITK-2.4.0-Binary-Dir/Utilities/vxl/vcl/vcl_config_manual.h
> file:
>
> #ifndef vcl_config_manual_h_
> #define vcl_config_manual_h_
> //:
> // \file
> // This file either is or was generated from vcl_config_manual.h.in
> // \brief manual options
>

> //: VCL_USE_NATIVE_STL
> // Whether to use the compiler's STL.
> #define VCL_USE_NATIVE_STL 1
>

> //: VCL_USE_NATIVE_COMPLEX
> // Whether to use the compiler's complex type.
> #define VCL_USE_NATIVE_COMPLEX 1
> // Used to be set from VCL_USE_NATIVE_STL, which worked fine.
> // If you don't use the stl flag's setting you're on your own.
> // #define VCL_USE_NATIVE_COMPLEX VCL_USE_NATIVE_STL
>

> //: VCL_USE_IMPLICIT_TEMPLATES
> // Whether to use implicit template instantiation.
> #define VCL_USE_IMPLICIT_TEMPLATES 1
>
> #endif // vcl_config_manual_h_
>

> 2. So like Vincente, my file does have VCL_USE_NATIVE_STL defined. (So
> if I understand correctly, this means that CMake generated the right
> thing, but Visual Studio is trying to compile some files it shouldn't.)
>

> 3. As for manually adding ITK directories to the include path, no, I've
> never done that. Just to be sure, I checked the itkvcl project
> properties, and all of the "Additional Include Directories" descend from
> my InsightToolkit-2.4.0 binary directory.
>

> 4. As for other ITK versions, yes, I have 2.0.1 installed on this same
> system.
>

> 5. As for VXL, no, I do not have that installed on my machine (other
> than as part of ITK).
>
> john

Ashish Poddar
<http://ahpoddar.bizhat.com>
Its high time we standardize everything!