[Insight-users] Custom ITK class wrapping

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 6 04:58:15 EST 2005

Gaetan,

Thanks for the input. As soon as I get a chance, I'll grab the code
and have a go at it. I'll try to get the main wrapper library
building outside of the ITK tree (for my own particular needs),
unless you think that would be hard to get working well.

Thanks again for suggesting this method.

Zach

PS. One further question:

>> + there is no way to get some values - std::vector<?> are not
>> wrapped for example
> This problem should be fixed by updating swig included in cableswig

Hmm, updating the SWIG in CableSWIG doesn't seem like something
trivial... can you think of a temporary workaround? Or is the best
thing to do to bite the bullet and get a version of SWIG in there
that supports the proper typemaps for C++ stdlib types?

I ask because some of the classes that I really need to wrap deal in
terms of std::vector and itk::VectorContainer classes. (Though maybe
itk::VectorContainer can be more easily wrapped...)