[Insight-users] applying the transformation matrix

Miller, James V (Research) millerjv at crd.ge.com
Wed Dec 14 09:54:58 EST 2005

The matrix computed maps from the fixed image's coordinate space to the moving image's coordinate space. As such, if you take a position in the fixed image and apply the transformation, you will have the corresponding position in the moving image.

It sounds like you are attempting to do the opposite, which requires either the inverse transform or swapping the fixed and moving images.

Jim