[Insight-users] changing the metric automatically

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Dec 14 11:07:51 EST 2005

First, you might want to look into other metrics that are not contrast
sensitive, such as Mutual Information or Normalized Correlation etc...

And if you are bent on using the MeanSquares metric for other reasons
(that assumes that homologous points have the same intensity shift), you
might want preprocess your fixed and moving images with a
HistogramMatchingFilter .

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1HistogramMatchingImageFilter.html

You might find some examples in Examples/Registration.

karthik