[Insight-users] DeformableRegistration4

gary lazer gary.lazer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 15:46:44 EST 2005

Hi,

I have a question about a few lines in the example
DeformableRegistration4.cxx. When setting the spacing
of the bspline grid the spacing is set using:

    spacing[r] *= floor(
static_cast<double>(fixedImageSize[r] - 1)  /

static_cast<double>(gridSizeOnImage[r] - 1) );

I'm confused as to why the 'floor' function is used
and why the right side is multiplied by spacing[r].
Won't this result in the upper 2 grid nodes
sometimes falling inside the image region? Shouldn't
the following be used
instead:

    spacing[r] = static_cast<double>(fixedImageSize[r]
- 1)  /

static_cast<double>(gridSizeOnImage[r] - 1);

This way the 2 grid notes at the upper border will
always fall outside the
image region. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary