[Insight-users] interpretation of the gradient step

Romain Lebel romain.lebel at phaseview.fr
Tue Dec 20 04:14:45 EST 2005

Hi everybody (merry christmas in advance!)

I'm trying to make my registration process faster. I'm using MeanSquares
metric and RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer.

If want to stop the registration process for example when images are
registred at one tenth of a pixel.

How can i interpret the current steplength (or maybe another parameter)
to have an information like "at how many parts of a pixel my images are
registred"?

To summarize i need an information related to the images themselves that
i can interpret in order to stop the registration when it reaches a
certain satisfaying value. (metrics can take very different value from
one couple of image to another so it is difficult to stop using the metric)

--
Romain Lebel
PhaseView - Telecom Paris