[Insight-users] If I want to show my program in other computer ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Dec 23 09:14:24 EST 2005

Hi Zien,

       What platform are you using ?

You should be able to just carry the executable.
You don't need to recompile the whole project in
the other computer.

Usually the only problem is related to Shared libraries.

You may face some problems if the shared libraries in
the other computer are not the same version that your
program is depending on.

In general, the best way to be safe is to build ITK
with Static libraries and try to make sure that any
other libraries used by your program are also static.

In those conditions, your executable is pretty much
self-suficient and should run in any other machine
with the same architecture.