[Insight-users] re: 3D deformable registration and dual processor computer

mrcheung at mdanderson.org mrcheung at mdanderson.org
Wed Feb 2 10:45:30 EST 2005

I am thinking of ways to speed up the itk 3D deformable registration with
hardware solutions. The registration time for CT to CT fusion is in hours.
My naive question is: can the use of two processor computer speed up the
itk 3D deformable registration by a factor of approximately two? Is there a
way to use itk deformable registraiton module explicitly to utilize
multiple processor processing that I may use to speed up our deformable
registration time?

Thanks a lot, Rex