[Insight-users] re: 3D deformable registration and dual processor computer

mrcheung at mdanderson.org mrcheung at mdanderson.org
Wed Feb 2 13:24:23 EST 2005

Thanks Mark. How did you initiate an additional thread in itk?

                                    Mark Wyszomierski
                                   <markww at gmail.com> To:
                                                            "mrcheung at mdanderson.org" <mrcheung at mdanderson.org>
                                                      cc:

                                  02/02/2005 12:20 PM
                               Please respond to Mark
                                         Wyszomierski

                                                            Re: [Insight-users] re: 3D deformable registration and dual    processor
                                                            computer

Hello,

I was faced with the same problem in 2D deformable registration. All I
did to harness the extra processor(s) was to spawn a new registration
thread per extra processor(s). This has cut the total processing time
for a dataset as you would expect by the number of extra processors.

I haven't used the 3D deformable registration, maybe you can setup a
similar method if it lends itself to such a setup. I would also be
interested in hearing if there is an 'ITK' way to take advantage of
the extra processors.

Mark

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:45:30 -0600, mrcheung at mdanderson.org