[Insight-users] Work with ITK meshes like VTK

Xavier Mellado Esteban xavier_mellado at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 9 05:14:33 EST 2005

Hello:

1) I am using ITK for segmentation, getting an itk::Mesh as output. I want
to work with this mesh, doing smoothing, decimation, etc. (all that can be
done with VTK), but on ITK (excluding final visualization on screen that I
know it's only available on VTK). Is this possible? ITK can work with meshes
as VTK?

I know it's a beginner question, I have searched in mailing list, and have
read Mesh chapter in Software Guide, but haven't find a categorical answer
(although I suspect that the answer it's no, and I must implement it by
myself).

The reason for this question is I am newcomer in a scientific group, having
a shared library based on ITK for several projects. They use ITK to generate
2D meshes or 3D meshes. The new project I am taking part, it's the first
that visualize 3D meshes, and we want to keep the same common structure for
they.

                             Thanks in advance:
                                                                  Xavier