[Insight-users] how to free up the memory

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Feb 9 22:25:58 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 12:39:18PM -0600, Quan Chen wrote:

> For UpdateLargestPossibleRegion(), do I need to call it for each
> filters or it will like Update() method, automatically invoke the same
> method for the filter before it?  It only do a memory
> release/re-allocate or it also execute the filter so I don't need to
> call Update() again?

Yes, the UpdateLargestPossibleRegion() request will propagate up the
pipeline to the data source, thus all filters before the one you
invoke will be update with the new region info.  This will also by
default invoke an Update() on the pipeline provided the current filter
has an output connected.

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne