[Insight-users] Model-Image registration

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Feb 15 05:45:18 EST 2005

Hi,

I have some questions about the ModelImageRegistration1.cxx example.
As I understand it, the result of the optimization process is a
transform that maps the MovingShape onto the FixedImage.  But the
original shape already had its own model-world transform.

Does this mean that the final parameters define a transform that must
be _composed_ with the transform of the original MovingShape in order
to calculate the final fit?  Otherwise, how does one obtain the
transformed model according to the final optimization result?

. . .

Now the model-image registration we have above is optimised by finding
parameters to a transform that best maps the model to the image data
according to some fitness function.

What I would like to do is also be able to optimise the _parameters_
of some parametric form of a model.  In the case of the ellipse, we
might want to perform a rigid body registration, thus getting a
rotation and translation transform, but as well we want to adjust the
major and minor axis lengths to best fit.

Can someone suggest how might this be done?

Thanks!

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne