[Insight-users] Interesting Blob

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Feb 18 02:01:34 EST 2005

Hi Kevin,

Yes, blob spatial objects can be treated like images.

In particular if you plan to create a mask with them.

We use spatial objects as masks for registration.

Using Blobs you can create a mask similar to the one
in your post by setting two positive blobs and a negative
one of smaller radius and larger peak value.

Note that for visualization purposes, SpatialObject can
be resampled into images using the SpatialObjectToImageFilter:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SpatialObjectToImageFilter.html