[Insight-users] MetadataDictionary

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Feb 22 10:15:55 EST 2005

marquis2 at etu.unige.ch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a filter which reads a Dicom image, segments the image and write the
> sub-image bach to disk.
> the question is: how do i specify the new size of the image in the dicom
> header?

Samuel,

	Could you send us the c++ code you used that does not work. GDCM (the
DICOM library) is tested nightly for :
- reading/writting a single DICOM slice.
- reading/writting a resampled DICOM slice.
- reading/writting a DICOM serie.
- reading/writting a resampled DICOM serie.

	Eventhought the DICOM (part of it) header is passed to the ouput, size,
spacing and pixel size are updated by the internal ImageIO.

	For more information, see:

- Insight/Testing/Code/IO/itkGDCMImageIOTest.cxx
- Insight/Testing/Code/IO/itkGDCMSeriesReadImageWrite.cxx

	Finally there are some simple examples

- Insight/Examples/IO/DicomImageReadChangeHeaderWrite.cxx
- Insight/Examples/IO/DicomImageReadPrintTags.cxx
- Insight/Examples/IO/DicomImageReadWrite.cxxion
- Insight/Examples/IO/DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx
- Insight/Examples/IO/DicomSeriesReadPrintTags.cxx
- Insight/Examples/IO/DicomSeriesReadSeriesWrite.cxx

HTH
Mathieu