[Insight-users] ITK Multithreading

Arun Kulshreshtha arunk at mrcoffee.engr.sgi.com
Fri Feb 25 14:16:06 EST 2005

Hi,

Can somebody tell me how to use multithreading in ITK. I have a dicom
series which i want to load using several threads and write it as a
dicom volume.  I have used the DicomSeriesReader given with ITK but it
takes time. Further i need to segment the 3D dicom volume using Geodesic
Active Contours, so how can i use multithreading to imprive the
performance of segmentation. I have a system with 4 itenium processors.

An example of a multithreading using ITK will also be helpful , if
anybody has then please attach that too.

Regards
Arun Kulshreshtha