[Insight-users] Conversion slices(.img) -> volume

Devalkeneer Arnaud arnauddebelgique at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 03:25:37 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

I explain you my problem : I try to use ibsr image
data with my program based on itk, but i can not find
any way to read directly the images with the "img"
extension.

It is the set of images with prefix 657_2 wich
contains 18 slices. I want to create a gipl volume
with these data. I wrote a small program (inspired of
the 011264.html (ITK mailing of November 2004) ) to do
this but the execution failed . Here are the error:

"Error reading the series
itk::ExceptionObject (0x80f5078)
Location: "Unknown"

I checked the filenames serie by printing these on the
console. It is OK : it is the true paths to image
files. But it seems that it is the reading of the .img
images fails.

I know that I can convert manually these "img" images
to dicom format with e.g. Osiris before proceeding
with ITK. Also I know the solution of writing a header
file but I want to create an automatic way for the
next conversions slices->volume that I will need.

Is there rather no way to directly work with only ITK?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Arnaud