[Insight-users] about VersorRigid3D

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Wed Jan 12 01:28:48 EST 2005

Hi,

I want to register two 3D CT datasets, which came from one patient and were scanned at different time.

the size of the two datasets both are: 512*512*32,  spacing: 1.36*1.36*5.0

The metric I use is: MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric,
The Transform is: VersorRigid3D
The Optimizor: VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer

the paramaters are:
METRIC:
  metric->SetNumberOfHistogramBins( 20 );
  metric->SetNumberOfSpatialSamples( 512*512*32 / 100);

OPTIMIZER
  optimizerScales[0] = 1.0;
  optimizerScales[1] = 1.0;
  optimizerScales[2] = 1.0;
  optimizerScales[3] = 1/100000;
  optimizerScales[4] = 1/100000;
  optimizerScales[5] = 1/100000;
  optimizer->SetScales( optimizerScales );

  optimizer->SetMaximumStepLength( 0.2000  );
  optimizer->SetMinimumStepLength( 0.0001 );
  optimizer->SetNumberOfIterations( 200 );

However, the result is not good. I do not intend to use the MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric due to its slowness. The reason may be the incorrect paramters. Could anybody tell me how to set the  correct parameters?

Best regards