[Insight-users] using adaptive grids in FEM based deformable registration

jx x joshjx at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 23:00:54 EST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to use adaptive grids in FEM based
deformable registration. For example, if I want to use
adaptive grids in the example of
DeformableRegistration1.cxx, what I need to do?

I read the paper of "non-rigid registration method"
which is the material presented at itk tutorials on
itk website. I still have questions about it.

1. As for the parameter file, we set:
   1              % ReadMesh file
   lung-mesh.fem  % meshfile name
Do we need to make other changes in the parameter
file?

2. After I create the anatomy-specific meshes, I have
to convert it to FEM input file format. Where can I
find an example for this kind of input file?

3. Up to now, I still use exist element type, and I do
not consider landmark problem yet. Then what else I
need to do except 1. and 2.?

4. Where can I learn more about the ITK FEM library?

Thanks very much!

Sincerely,

Josh