[Insight-users] GLS and quantile regression

Ma, Lingjie LMa at panagora.com
Thu Jan 27 18:22:08 EST 2005

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Splus user. I am now using the trial version of Splus6.2.   I
have two questions, and wonder if you could clarify.

1.	gls

For GLS,  say, we consider only cross sectional data, that is, the
diagonal variance. I think the appropriate way for such a case is to use
the White estimator or modified version (say, Davidson and MacKinon) of
White estimator. But I could not find any clue on this in the reference
for GLS.

2.	rq (quantile regression)

Although the reference has "rq", but when I try to use the command, it
says that the command could not be found. This function has to be loaded
from the library, say, library(rq), in the previous version. I tried the
library(rq), but it did not work.

Thank you very much for the consideration.

Best regards,

Lingjie

Lingjie Ma

Research Manger