[Insight-users] Help on vtkITK Registration of cryogenic RGB images

alqatarneh at netscape.net alqatarneh at netscape.net
Fri Jan 28 09:32:36 EST 2005

Hello all,

I need help to do a registration of the Visible Human male/ or female to patient's images.

I am new to ITK and VTK and I would appreciate it if someone could help me with this registration problem.

I have installed successfully ITK, VTK, TCL, ITK Applications and I had VTK Wrapped with TCL.
I know that there is an example application in "Insight Applications/vtkITK" which is a TCL Script (DemoMutual.tcl) that shows how it has been sone by Ibanez and Lorensen.

After installing the Insight applications, I got the following folders and files in the vtkITK_bin directory:
Directory: Common (cxx files)
............SubDir: Debug (obj and lib files)
Directory: Wrapping (DartTestfile)
.................SubDir: Tcl
.....................SubDir: Debug (tkAppInit.obj , vtkITK.lib and vtkITK.exe files, etc.)

However, I could not run that scripts in the vtkITK source directory.
There are 4 TCL scripts in vtkITK source sirectory and I am interested in the DemoMutual.tcl. Note that those tcl scripts are in the source sirectory of the vtkITK application, not in the vtkITKbin.
When I run the script , I do:
> vtk DemoMutual.tcl

I get the following error:
Invalid command name vtkITKNNormalizeImageFilter

I commneted that out in the scrpit to see if I get other errors, then it complains about all commands that start with vtkITK.
The questions is: do I need to set some variables to guide the script to the libraries of vtkITK. I did set the path to C:\ITK_Applics_bin\vtkITK\Common\Debug
but that did not help.

Any suggestions for help, please!

Regards,
Sharef