[Insight-users] Animation of Dicom slices

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Jan 28 14:39:25 EST 2005

Pavan Podila wrote:
> Hello,
>    I want to display an animation of all the Dicom slices for a
> particular view. I want to know what is a good approach to do that. I
> will be using Qt as my frontend. If anyone has tried the animation part,
> please suggest on the approach.

Pavan,

	Are you sure you want to use ITK for this ? ITK is not designed for any
kind of visualization/animation.
	Anyway I would suggest you download the latest CVS from gdcm(*) and
have a look at the executable vtkgdcmViewer. If you hold any key it will
iteratate over all frames of the input dicom files. Please note that it
is using VTK for doing this. The only thing you'll have to do it embed
it into your Qt frame. There are plenty resource for that:

http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_Classes#Qt

HTH
Mathieu
(*) http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/Public/Gdcm/