[Insight-users] some questions of using itk::KalmanLinearEstimator to fit linear function !

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jan 30 10:22:14 EST 2005

Hi Zhen,

The ITK class that implements the Kalman Linear Estimator is:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1KalmanLinearEstimator.html

An example of its use is available at

     Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/
               itkKalmanLinearEstimatorTest.cxx

This example actually does exactly what you are asking for:

      "Fit a 6D linear equation to a set of points"

You *MUST* read the introductory paper to Kalman estimation

   http://www.cs.unc.edu/~welch/media/pdf/kalman_intro.pdf

that is available along with many other useful documents at
the following UNC web site:

         <http://www.cs.unc.edu/~welch/kalman/>