[Insight-users] 3D RGB images in Analyze format

Julian Tam julian.t at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 16:57:38 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to write a 3D RGB image in Analyze format, but the
following exception is caught:

itk::ExceptionObject (00FCE950)
Location: "Unknown"
File: \library\itk_1.8.0\src\Code\Io\itkAnalyzeImageIO.cxx
Line: 965

The following includes pertinent excerpts of my program.
-------------------------------
#include "itkRGBPixel.h"

const unsigned int Dimension = 3;
typedef itk::RGBPixel< unsigned char> outPixelType;
typedef itk::Image< outPixelType, Dimension >  outImageType;
typedef itk::ImageFileWriter< outImageType > WriterType;

outImageType::Pointer outputImage = outImageType::New();
// outputImage allocated and processed here

WriterType::Pointer writer = WriterType::New();
writer->SetFileName("out.img");
writer->SetInput( outputImage );

try
  {
  writer->Update();
  }
catch ( itk::ExceptionObject &err)
  {
  std::cerr << err << std::endl;
  return -1;
  }

When I alter my program to create 2D RGB images and output them as
.png, I do not encounter any problems.

Are there any special steps that I need to take to accomplish this task?

Thanks,
Julian