[Insight-users] Re: itk and borland 6

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Jul 6 09:39:15 EDT 2005

Hi Tanya,

Borland C++ 6 is not capable of compiling ITK.

For some obscure reason, Borland reduced their
support for generic programming (C++ Templates)
when they passed from the Borland C++ 5.5 compiler
to the 6.0 version.

You can use the free version 5.5 in order to build
ITK though. We have nightly and continuous builds
of ITK using Borland 5.5.

You may want to send your feedback to Borland and
complain for their lack of support for C++ Templates.

Note that if you are interested in free compilers, You
also have the options of GCC in Cygwin, GCC in mingw,
the Free Microsoft VC++ suite, and of course the real
solution:

                 Install Linux.

   Best Regards,