[Insight-users] Convert raw image to dicom using itk

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Wed Jul 6 16:14:29 EDT 2005

The header that you are describing is a MetaImage header. See
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_File_Formats for a lis of supported file
formates in ITK. You should be able to read the file rightaway in ITK,
provided the header file has an extension: ".mhd".

To write it as a Dicom file, you will need to use a series writer to
write  aseries of 2D slices. There are several examples in Examples/IO/

See for instance....
DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx

Thanks
regards