[Insight-users] Dynamic Programming 2

Gabriel Camporredondo Díaz gabrielc at ece.ubc.ca
Wed Jul 6 23:43:34 EDT 2005

Sorry about last message,...

The algorithm is a Dijkstra modified algorithm, commonly used in dynamic
programming for finding the minimum tree or path in a graph. It has
frequently
been used in image processing to evaluate the cost of image features,
such as
gradient histograms,  statistical funtions, etc. and trace paths of
optimal cost.
I thing there may be some other applications that fall in the same
criteria, though.

Some early but commonly accessible references:
1. N.J.Nilsson, "Principles of Artificial Intelligent", Tioga, Palo
Alto, CA, 1980.
2. E.W. Dijkstra, A note on two problems in connection with graphs ,
Num. Math. 1
    (959), 269-270.
3. J. Udupa et al, Boundary detection via dynamic programming, in
"Proccedings
     of the SPIE: Visualization in Biomedical Computing 92, Chapel Hill,
NC, Oct.
     1992", Vol. 1808, pp.33-39.

So, pls let me know to update and put in good shape my code. Bye.

Regards,
Gabriel