[Insight-users] Linking problem in ITK under RedHat 9

Olivier Rousseau rousseauoli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:45:57 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am currently using ITK under RedHat 9. It has been compiled in static.
When I compile programs, I get compilation error during the linking. For
example, compiling a simple program Dicom-png, I get:

Building executable
/import/users/rousseau/ITK_VTK/Exemples/Tests/Dicom/Dicom-png/Dicom-png...
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Input/output error
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: ***
[/import/users/rousseau/ITK_VTK/Exemples/Tests/Dicom/Dicom-png/Dicom-png]
Error 1
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

In most of the cases, after trying to compile several time, it finally
creates the executables (without changing anything in the code), which works
perfectly.
This erratic error is confusing me.

Does anyone have any clue about what could cause this error?
Can it be that ITK has not been properly compiled?
Could a dynamic compiling help?

BTW, how can I compile ITK dynamicaly?

Thanks,
Olivier