[Insight-users] Reading DICOM time series study

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:22:27 EDT 2005

Martin,

My experience has been that Temporal Position Identifier / Number of
Temporal Position tags are rarely present. I have only seen them
created by Phillips scanners. I would suggest using image time +
series time but I have also seen siemens cases for which duplicate
image times have been present for images in the same series. If you
are targeting images from only a certain scanner I know that the two
tags you mentioned will work for the sorting. But if you want a method
that will consistently sort datasets from multiple manufacturers, it
is best to rely on a few different tags that can be swapped when
others are not present.

I have no experience with ITK's DICOM IO classes, but I just wanted to
throw this out there for you,

Mark