[Insight-users] Analytic signal

Renaud Isabelle renauisa at yahoo.fr
Thu Jul 14 11:14:10 EDT 2005

Hi guys,

I have to display the enveloppe of my raw images, by computing absolute value of its analytic signal.

To compute the analytic signal of my input image, I know that all I have to do is to compute the fourier transform of my input image by itk FFT function and to ``zeroise`` the result for negative frequencies. Then, I just need to return to space domain with iFFT function. Great! It seems very simple.

But if I compute FFT of my signal, all I have will be data. I don't know which ones correspond to negative frequencies. How could I know? I need to compute FFT of my signal and then sort out my result data according to negative and positive result.

I am a bit confused about that. Does anyone have an idea to suggest me?

Isabelle