[Insight-users] ImageWriter does not write Orientation (Direction Cosines)

Gordon Kindlmann gk at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Jul 14 15:45:54 EDT 2005

hello,

One possible option, if you are using the latest CVS version of ITK, is
to save the image in NRRD format (filename ends with ".nhdr" for
separate header and data, or ".nrrd" for one file).  This saves the
direction cosines (after scaling by the spacings) in the "space
directions:" field of the NRRD header.  Right now this only handles
scalar datasets; non-scalar datasets should be handled soon.

Gordon