[Insight-users] Statistic getting frequency of a Value

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Thu Jul 21 09:52:02 EDT 2005

Once you have created the ListSample, (You would rather use the
ScalarImageToListAdaptor). Create a histogram with two bins and the
frequency of second bin would be what you want, something like:

  typedef itk::Statistics::ListSampleToHistogramGenerator<
ListSampleType, float > GeneratorType;
  GeneratorType::Pointer generator = GeneratorType::New();
  GeneratorType::HistogramType::SizeType size;
  size.Fill(2);
  generator->SetListSample( listsample );
  generator->SetNumberOfBins( size );
  generator->SetMarginalScale( 10.0 );
  generator->Update();
  GeneratorType::HistogramType::ConstPointer histogram =
generator->GetOutput();
  GeneratorType::HistogramType::ConstIterator iter = histogram->Begin();
  while ( iter != histogram->End() )
    {
    std::cout << " frequency = " << iter.GetFrequency() << std::endl;
    ++iter;
    }