[Insight-users] unable to build dynamic libs on mac osX 10.4.2

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 21 13:51:41 EDT 2005

Do you use Fink? If so, did you set ITK to use the system libjpeg
instead of building it's own?

There seems to be some problem where libtool is looking for something
in /sw/lib (where Fink puts its stuff). Perhaps it was trying (and
failing) to link with libjpeg there? There's no reason ITK would, by
default, need to do this. (Unless the CMakeLists.txt are badly messed
up, which seems unlikely.)

Try this: Create a new directory, and run CMake in that directory. At
the configuration options, do *nothing* but turn on shared libs, turn
off examples, and turn off testing. (To make the build faster.) Then
try to build. Do you still get the same error?

If not, then there may be a problem with ITK and using system jepg
libs on 10.4.2 with Fink. Otherwise we'll need to look a bit deeper.

Zach Pincus

Program in Biomedical Informatics and Department of Biochemistry
Stanford University School of Medicine