[Insight-users] Write new image registration metric

Dana Paquin dpaquin at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 22 02:57:44 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I would like to know how to modify the existing ITK registration metrics
to study the effect of a given metric on the registration process.  For
example, suppose that I start with the itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric
(as in ImageRegistration5.cxx).  To illustrate the process, suppose that
  I want the metric to be (1/4)*(mean squares).  In the file
itkMeanSquaresImageToImageMetric.txx, I tried changing measure+=
diff*diff to measure+=(diff*diff)*0.25, then saved this file and
recompiled ImageRegistration5.  However, this had no effect on the
metric values computed during the registration process.  Are there other
files that I need to modify?  Can someone tell me what I need to do in
order to modify a metric and then use that metric in the registration
process?

Thanks in advance,
Dana