[Insight-users] Erratic errors when building a program in ITK

Gavin Baker gavinb+xtk at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jul 25 19:47:10 EDT 2005

Salut Olivier,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 07:56:14AM -0400, Olivier Rousseau wrote:
> Hi all,
> I keep getting erratic errors when I try to build a program with ITK.
> If I try several times to compile, it usually succeed after a while.
> I have no idea what could cause this problem.
> I am using RedHat 9.0.
> Here is what I get:
>
> Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
> Building object file CurvesLevelSetImageFilter.o...
> CurvesLevelSetImageFilter.o: Input/output error
> /tmp/ccxBT1t3.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccxBT1t3.s:296494: FATAL: Can't write CurvesLevelSetImageFilter.o:
> Illegal seek
> make[1]: *** [CurvesLevelSetImageFilter.o] Error 1
> make: *** [default_target] Error 2

This actually looks like you might be running out of disk space on the
volume containing /tmp.  It doesn't really look like anything to do with ITK
- apart from the fact that it can take several hundred meg to compile.

Make sure you have plenty of free space and try again.  Running out of space
on your root filesystem is generally a pretty undesireable situation.

ciao -

  :: Gavin

--
Gavin Baker                                      Complex Systems Group
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~gavinb             The University of Melbourne