[Insight-users] Bug with SimplexMesh ?

Benoit devilleb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 11:31:06 EDT 2005

Hi !

First of all, I work with DeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter.
My input and output meshes are triangle mesh.
So I use TriangleMeshToSimplexMeshFilter and SimplexMeshToTriangleMeshFilter.

If I consider, in the same fucntion
1. apply a DeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter
2. convert its output to a triangle mesh
it works

If, instead, I consider
1. apply a DeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter
2. copy the output in a SimplexMesh::Pointer m_SimplexMesh attribute
3. in another function, use m_SimplexMesh as the input for
SimplexMeshToTriangleMeshFilter
I get a segfault during the conversion

It seems all informations in SimplexMesh::m_GeometryData are destroyed
at the end of the fucntion containing the
DeformableSimplexMesh3DFilter instance

I tried to apply Register on SimplexMesh::m_GeometryData, to use
SetReleaseDataFlagOff and DisconnectPipeline on my m_SimplexMesh
attribute, but it didn't change anything

Is there a way not to destroy these informations ?

I hope I made my mind clear...

Regards,
Ben