[Insight-users] __FUNCTION__ error during ITK build on IRIX

Michael Hardisty m.hardisty at utoronto.ca
Wed Jul 27 15:04:40 EDT 2005

Hello ITK users,
    I am currently trying to build ITK on an SGI machine that is running
IRIX64 6.5.26f.  I want to build ITK with MIPSpro Compilers: Version
7.4.2m C++ compiler.  I am having several problems:  How am I supposed
to tell cmake that I wish to use the CC compiler rather than gcc and
g++, which are also installed on the system.  I changed the options
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER and CMAKE_C_COMPILER within cmake's configuration,
however this seemed to make no difference to the compiler that was
initiated when I typed make.  I did get the CC compilers to be initiated
by editing the following files:

"CMakeCCompiler.cmake"
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER "gcc") to SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER "cc")

SET(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCC 1) to SET(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCC 0)

"CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake"
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "c++") to SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER "CC")

SET(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX 1) to SET(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX 0)

SET(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX_RUN 1) to SET(CMAKE_COMPILER_IS_GNUCXX_RUN 0)

After making these changes and restarting cmake and configuring ITK and
making ITK I get the CC compilers to do the build, however I get the
following error and many just like it that occur on different lines
within the same file.  Does anyone know what could be causing these
errors?  I am building the current CVS repository version.  Any help
would be appreciated.

cc-1020 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/Insight/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmDicomDir.cxx,
Line = 146
  The identifier "__FUNCTION__" is undefined.

           gdcmWarningMacro( "Entry HT empty for file: "<<fileName)

thanks

Michael

--
Michael Hardisty