[Insight-users] __FUNCTION__ error during ITK build on IRIX

Michael Hardisty m.hardisty at utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 28 14:45:08 EDT 2005

Mathieu,
    I have attempted to build from the Release versions (2.0.0) on the
web site and from the CVS.  The previous error that I had reported was
from the CVS version.  The file that is causing the error within ITK is
"gdcmFileHelper.cxx".  The entire error I am getting I have listed below
under CVS - Errors.  During my attempts to use the release version from
the web site, I had the same errors occur during the compilation of a
different file , "gdcmUtil.cxx".  It is the same: identifier "va_list"
is undefined error.  I have listed this error below under Version
2.0.0.  I had CMake errors during configuring of version 2.0.0, I have
listed these errors below under CMake - ITK 2.0.0 - Errors.  It seems
that CMake was unable to locate itkSymme
 tricEllipsoidInteriorExteriorSpatialFunctionTest.cxx,
itkBloxBoundaryPointImageToBloxBoundaryProfileImageFilterTest.cxx and it
 kBloxBoundaryProfileImageToBloxCoreAtomImageFilterTest.cxx.  To get
past this problem I just turned off the TESTING part of itk by change
the CMake option  BUILD_TESTING to OFF.  I have also attempted to build
the ITK CVS version on another IRIX machine that we have around with the
same compiler and again got the same error in a different file again,
this time "RGBGradientAnisotropicDiff usionImageFilter".  I have listed
this error below under "Skule - Errors".  Thanks for all of your help.

Michael

CVS - Errors

/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/Insight/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmFileHelper.cxx
cc-1020 CC: ERROR File = /usr/include/inttypes.h, Line = 188
  The identifier "va_list" is undefined.

  extern int i_vfprintf ( FILE *stream, const char *format, va_list va );
                                                            ^

cc-1020 CC: ERROR File = /usr/include/inttypes.h, Line = 190
  The identifier "va_list" is undefined.

  extern int i_vprintf  ( const char *format, va_list va );
                                              ^

cc-1020 CC: ERROR File = /usr/include/inttypes.h, Line = 192
  The identifier "va_list" is undefined.

  extern int i_vsprintf ( char *s, const char *format, va_list va );
                                                       ^

3 errors detected in the compilation of
"/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/Insight/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmFileHelper.cxx".

Version 2.0.0 - Errors

cc-1020 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/InsightToolkit-2.0.0/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmUtil.cxx,
Line = 111
  The identifier "va_list" is undefined.

     va_list args;
     ^

cc-1065 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/InsightToolkit-2.0.0/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmUtil.cxx,
Line = 111
  A semicolon is expected at this point.

     va_list args;
             ^

cc-1020 CC: ERROR File =
/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/InsightToolkit-2.0.0/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmUtil.cxx,
Line = 112
  The identifier "args" is undefined.

     va_start(args, format);
     ^

3 errors detected in the compilation of
"/projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/InsightToolkit-2.0.0/Utilities/gdcm/src/gdcmUtil.cxx".

CMake - ITK 2.0.0 - Errors

CMake Error: can not find file
 /projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/InsightToolkit-2.0.0/Testing/Code/Common/itkSymme
 tricEllipsoidInteriorExteriorSpatialFunctionTest.cxx

 Tried .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

 CMake Error: can not find file
 /projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/InsightToolkit-2.0.0/Testing/Code/BasicFilters/it
 kBloxBoundaryPointImageToBloxBoundaryProfileImageFilterTest.cxx

 Tried .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

 CMake Error: can not find file
 /projects/abaqus/cwhyne/mike/InsightToolkit-2.0.0/Testing/Code/BasicFilters/it
 kBloxBoundaryProfileImageToBloxCoreAtomImageFilterTest.cxx

 Tried .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

Skule - Errors

Building executable
/u/0T8/gordonl/InsightBinaries/bin/RGBGradientAnisotropicDiff
usionImageFilter...

--
Michael Hardisty
M.A.Sc Student