[Insight-users] point cloud registration

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Jul 29 19:47:30 EDT 2005

Hi Dennis,

You haven't quite read the full Registration Chapter.

It seems that you missed the

            itk::Similarity3DTransform

that is described in section 8.8.14, pdf-page 428,
along with the 2D example of its use in section
8.6.3, pdf-page 387.

A Similarity Transform performs rotation, translation
and scaling without any shearing.

You may find useful to read the entire Registration
chapter.

The Euclidean distance metric will work regardless
of the Transform that you choose because the metric
is computed after the points have been transformed,
so it is always a measure of the residual error after
transformation.