[Insight-users] memory management question

Jens Eickmeyer eickmeyer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:37:32 EST 2005

Hi!

Can anyone tell me how I can delete an object of type itkImage? I want
to keep only a limited number of itkImage objects in memory and
therefore I want to delete an object on purpose. I tried to use
UnRegister() which successfully decreased the reference count and
deleted the object. However, the methods IsNull() and IsNotNull()
don't work on the smart pointer correctly after that. Additionally,
since the itkImage is a member of an object I get a segmentation fault
if the object is destroyed. Any help would be appreciated.

Jens