[Insight-users] some contributions

Stefan Klein stefan at isi.uu.nl
Wed Mar 16 15:34:54 EST 2005

Hi all,

We have created some classes that are useful for us. We hope also for other
people, so we would like to contribute them. The code can be found for
download on:
	http://www.isi.uu.nl/People/Stefan/

- itkEulerTransform.h: This class is a wrap around the Euler2DTransform and
the Euler3DTransform. In this way it is templated over the dimension, like
other Transform-classes.

- SimultaneousPerturbation.zip: This class implements the so-called
Simultaneous Perturbation method as an ITK optimizer. For more info on this
optimization method, go to:
	http://www.jhuapl.edu/SPSA

- FullSearch.zip: This class implements a (semi-)Full Search optimization
routine. This can be useful for research, to scan the optimization surface,
or to evaluate the result of other optimizers. It allows the user to
specify which parameters should be evaluated, in which range.

Since we have contributed 3 things now, we also have a feature request; as
a reward :-)

Would it be possible to add a public function to the
MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric that forces the metric to select
new spatial samples? This would be useful if you would want new spatial
samples every iteration for example.

We hope that the contributions are useful. Any comments are welcome!!

Marius and Stefan.

Marius Staring, Stefan Klein
Image Sciences Institute
University Medical Centre Utrecht
Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
phone: +31 (0)30 250 3186, fax: +31 (0)30 251 3399
{marius,stefan}@isi.uu.nl,
http://www.isi.uu.nl/People/Marius
http://www.isi.uu.nl/People/?stefan