[Insight-users] Criterion to stop 1+1_evolutionary optimizer?

Li, George (NIH/NCI) ligeorge at mail.nih.gov
Thu Mar 17 10:16:52 EST 2005

Stephen,

Thanks for the input. I am using Mattes method
As it is a smoother metric, as you said. I have
Made an option in my program for users to choose
Either the evolutionary optimizer or the regular
Step optimizer. Just for sake of code integrity,
I would like to have both done in the same fashion.

On the other hand, I would think that the multi-
Resolution strategy is not completely parallel
To what the evolutionary Optimizer does. The
Former is built mostly from performance concern
And avoiding local extremes may be a by-product,
While latter is one of the best optimizers in
Terms of avoiding local traps and tolerating
Noises. Therefore, it would be still beneficial
To have the combined fitting approach.

Actually, I was thinking to combine these two
Optimizers and using them in tandem, in order to
Achieve some performance gain. But, the multi-
Resolution is a better one.

Regards,

George